Meet your Principal
Welcome from Mr. Opgrande
Hello Skyhawk Families-
Mt Solo students and staff are off to a great start. A special welcome to our new students and parents who have joined us this year as evidenced by the great turn out at our recent “Meet the Teacher” night.
Our focus is student learning each and every day. We expect our staff to meet students at their academic level and move them forward to at least one year’s growth in one academic year’s time. Mt Solo’s staff develops and designs lessons that teach to the state learning standards and our students’ progress is monitored over time.
- Mt Solo’s assessment information is available here (OSPI Washington State Report Card). We’re proud of the progress that our students have made throughout the years, particularly in English language arts, science, and math. We were happy to discover that Mt Solo’s state science scores are above the state average.
We have added Advisory to our Wednesday schedule. Each teacher is assigned a group of students and during that time we teach and practice emergency response procedures and building expectations for learning. Later in the year our advisory teachers will conduct career path exploration and social/emotional learning activities to better prepare our students for high school and beyond.
We couldn’t do any of this without the great parent support that we have here at Mt Solo. Five great ways to stay connected and receive the most up-to-date information are:
- Skyward Family Access
- Mt Solo Facebook Page
- Mt Solo Instagram Page
- PTSO Meetings-look for emails that will tell you when the next PTSO meeting. PTSO meeting date information will also be posted on our Facebook page.
Our staff looks forward to seeing parents at the upcoming conferences, sporting events, and music concerts.
- Diversity is a strength to be embraced.
- Supportive communities encourage students to explore and take risks.
- Successful students take responsibility.
- A safe and secure environment promotes learning.
- Providing challenging learning opportunities for students is essential.
- Be a learner
- Be respectful
- Be responsible
- Be safe